lundi 21 décembre 2015

Albert Capellani - Pioneer of the Silent Screen (III)


A new review of my Capellani biography from amazon.com:

A Great Read by Rick Lanham (Dec 20, 2015)
Mr. Capellani was previously unknown to me. The author has made this formerly-obscure film director better known by gathering all available information about his life and work. This includes the history of his family and the companies where he worked. The book gives a great over-view of the film industry of that time. Mr. Capellani's talents seem to outshine those of many of his contemporaries. I found the book to be a great read and hope that more Capellani films will be re-discovered, restored, and made available. Since reading the book, I've discovered some of his entertaining short films on YouTube. I look forward to seeing more.

Aucun commentaire: